No one would want to be in a situation where you have an important video call or an online exam coming up and your Chromebook’s camera suddenly stops working. Unfortunately, Chromebook users have been facing various issues related to camera.
For instance, the camera refuses to turn on or shows a black screen. Similarly, some users see errors like “No camera found” and “Your camera is currently unavailable”. Even worse, others have reported seeing a black screen with a red light next to their camera lens. If you are experiencing a similar problems, follow us in this guide as we go through various ways to fix the Chromebook camera not working.
- 1. Restart Your Chromebook
- 2. Check the Camera Lens
- 3. Look for Privacy Switch
- 4. Reset Chromebook Hardware
- 5. Update Your Chrome Browser
- 6. Update Your Chromebook’s OS
- 7. Use Camera in a Different App
- 8. Check Camera Settings in Chrome
- 9. Grant Camera Permission in Chrome
- 10. Reset Your Chrome Browser
- 11. Reset Your Chromebook
- Frequently Asked Questions