Steve August 4, 2020
kevin-mchale-accidentally-gave-his-boyfriend-salmonella


by Sam Manzella

8/4/2020

Having a rough day? At least you’re not actor Kevin McHale, who accidentally gave his boyfriend salmonella.

On Twitter, the Glee alum made an embarassing confession: He (unintentionally) served his BF, fellow actor Austin McKenzie, some undercooked chicken sausage, resulting in a bad bout of salmonella. At first, the couple thought McKenzie was “superrrrr sick” with COVID-19, but after two separate tests came back negative, they realized it was actually the bacteria-borne illness.

But have you undercooked chicken sausage (unintentionally) and then served it to your bf and then he got superrrrr sick and you thought it was covid and you got tested twice but nah you just fed him salmonella? He should break up with me. I would.

— Kevin McHale (@druidDUDE) August 2, 2020

“He should break up with me,” McHale tweeted. “I would.”

He kept the jokes coming, too: When one of his followers said McKenzie needed to take away his phone, McHale said, “He’s asleep because I poisoned him!”

Guess he woke up from his nap

— Kevin McHale (@druidDUDE) August 2, 2020

As NewNowNext previously reported, McHale came out as gay and confirmed his relationship with McKenzie in 2018. The announcement came after a tongue-in-cheek tweet he’d written calling an Ariana Grande song “gayer than I am.” Prior that, he’d never explicitly addressed his sexual orientation.

In the years since his career-defining role as Artie Abrams in Glee, McHale has continued to act and perform, appearing on shows like Royalties and Elite and releasing his own music.

Here’s hoping McKenzie feels better soon (and McHale learns how to properly cook chicken sausage).

Main image: McKenzie (L) and McHale at the 2019 Billboard Music Awards.

Brooklyn-based writer and editor. Probably drinking iced coffee or getting tattooed.

@_sammanzella

Read More