Here’s the Linux Weekly roundup series, curated for you from the Linux and opensource world on application updates, new releases, distribution updates, major news, and upcoming highlights.
This week there has been plenty of app updates, distribution release announced. In this weekly update series, we cover all the happenings with links and quick summary for you so that you can stay updated and wrap up your week with a summary.
All the round-up is tagged with “Weekly Roundup” so you can get back to the earlier summary as well.
The week’s major highlights are the GNOME 3.38 first point release which ironed out bugs. Along with that, the next generation Kbuntu Focus M2 laptop announced. A bunch of application sees their respective release as well with some latest Flatpak apps. Read on for more details.
Linux Weekly Roundup: Applications, Distros, and News – Oct 12, 2020
- Arch based distribution Garuda Linux released version 202007 [Read the story]
- Debian based SparkyLinux released version 4.13 [Read the story]
- Oracle Linux 7 Update 9 Released with Kernel 5.4 and More [Read the story]
- GNOME 3.38 Brings First Point Release with Massive Fixes [Read the story]
- LibreOffice 7.0.2 Released with Fixes Galore [Read the story]
- Liferea Feed Reader released version 1.13.2 (Flatpack) [Read the story]
- PeaZip 7.4.2 released [Read the story]
- Calculus 1.3.0 released – Utility to compute derivatives and integrals [Read the story]
- Calibre 5.2 released [Read the story]
- GIMP 2.10.22 released [Read the story]
- Wine 5.19 released [Read the story]
- RamboxApp released version 0.7.7 [Read the story]
- Network monitoring tool Suricata 6.0.0 released [Read the story]
- CKEditor 5 v23.0.0 released [Read the story]
News and Happenings
- Kubuntu Focus M2 – Kubuntu based laptop announced [Read the story]
That’s all for this week’s update. Do stay in touch and don’t forget to follow the weekly update and DebugPoint.com via social media channels.